javascript hit counter

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Unfair Goings-On

I'm generally a big fan of the 1.11 Scourge Invasion patch for World of Warcraft.

However one thing does bug me.

At Lights Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands a whole lot more NPCs and guards have been added, and these guards act much as the Bruisers in Booty Bay. If you start a fight with the opposing faction they charge in and slaughter you (not hard as they are 60 Elites). That's fair enough and plays nicely with the lore that the Argent Dawn are a neutral party of sorts, favoring neither the Alliance or Horde.

Here is my problem. If you are a caster you can get outside of the guards agro range and attack other players! As a melee class (rogue) I find this really unfair and very annoying. I'm begining to loose count of the number of occasions I've been trying to repair, sell some junk or pick up a quest when all of a sudden I'm hit by several DOTs or a couple or fireballs from a mage.

That normally knocks me down to about half health so even if I was to try to retaliate I probably wouldn't make it to my enemy before they finished me off. And lest we forget if I do try to defend myself the guards will rush in and hack me to bits!

Anyway just thought I would share my gripe :) Anyone else have similar experiences? Or other comments on the new patch?

2 Comments:

Blogger Noam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same experience but I was dishing it out. There is a small hill in the southern part of Ratchet where I stood and attack flagged toons ranged without getting guard aggro.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home