javascript hit counter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bug Fixes, Server Reviews et al.

It's been a little while since I had a chance to update everyone on the goings on here at Eye On MOGS, so I thought I better make a little time to do so.

I've been busy in the background recently, working on a new tool which I hope the community will find of interest (keep your eyes peeled in early September), and also some less interesting bug fixing, code and database updates.

This week I'll be looking at addressing a bug in the update timer. Currently it runs up to 13 Hours since the last update. This is wrong; the site still updates every 12 hours - just for some reason the timer keeps counting for another hour...

The 'Missing Server' mailbox has a few new entries in it so I'll also be looking at adding the new servers I've received (can WoW get any bigger?!). I'm also going to try to do a review of the listings this week and address any servers which are not being represented very well (i.e. no very many listings).

I'd also like to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time to vote on what should be developed next - Saved Searches v2 or Email Updates. At the moment Saved Search v2 is ahead with 50%, so I'm starting to look at that more seriously.

There is still time to cast your vote - I'll keep the Voting Booth open for another week or so at least. It will be back in future when other update condundrums present themselves!

Happy Gaming All,

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home